This is my Happy Divi Library story.
I needed to add a breadcrumb to an interior page template on a web site I was working on. I started to add the Yoast breadcrumb to page.php in my child theme (a la this tutorial from Elegant Themes: http://bit.ly/1Hbtz8e) and realized it wasn’t going to afford me the flexibility I needed.
Enter the PHP Code for Posts plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/php-code-for-posts/), which converts snippets of PHP code into re-usable shortcodes.
That was the missing puzzle piece. Once the PHP Code for Posts plugin was installed, adapting the breadcrumb code for Divi was simple:
- Created a PHP shortcode using the Yoast breadcrumb snippet.
- On my page, I added a row with a text module in it.
- Dropped the breadcrumb shortcode into the text module.
- Saved the entire row to the library.
- Created an interior page layout that includes the new breadcrumb row.
- BAM! Life simplified.